Sunday, October 21, 2007

Our First MEA Weekend - NYC '07

Since this is the first real MEA weekend that we were impacted by, Mommy and Daddy decided to take us to New York City to see friends, family and the sights of the Big Apple.

We were supposed to leave Wednesday afternoon, but our flight was really delayed and we ended up leaving really late. We were on our best behavior in the terminal at Minneapolis, and the pilot of our plane thought we were so well behaved that he invited us into the cockpit before we took off.

We were pretty good on the plane to New York, and the same pilot walked us off the plane and visited with us in the terminal at LaGuardia (that's the name of the airport in New York we flew to).

We waited for a long time to get into a taxi, but finally, we were off and to our hotel. Our hotel was right in Times Square, which is really busy, but we got to see a lot of neat things right from our hotel room window. Our favorite thing was the jumbotron at M&M's World, right across the street from us.

After some pizza for a late dinner, we were out.

The next morning, we got up and were visited by Aunty Jen! She had just come from a Rocket Racing segment on the Today show and had great necklaces and patches for us and we got to play with this neat model.

For our first day in New York, our main goal was to go see the Statue of Liberty. We decided to take the subway there.

On the way to the ferry, Ben had his picture taken with this crazy Statue of Liberty like guy.

It took us a lot of standing in line to get this far, so we were pretty tired.

We eventually made it to Lady Liberty herself.

We saw some other neat stuff on the way back. Mommy and Daddy told us that this was a famous sculpture that used to be near some buildings by where we were. We thought it looked like a Transformer. Mommy and Daddy didn't try to talk us out of it, which we both thought was odd, but before we knew it, we were off.

Our next stop of the day was Grand Central Terminal. It was just like they showed in Madagascar. Ben was happy to have his picture taken, Cameron was not.

Walking back to our hotel from Grand Central, Daddy got a call from one of his co-workers in Minneapolis who said we should try to find a webcam and they would take our picture. Well, we happened to be walking right by it, so here's the picture of Daddy and Cameron by the pay phones.

As if that wasn't enough for one day, we went out to Brooklyn to see Aunty Jen do trapeze. We cheered everyone on. It seemed like they never had little kids come and watch before, so they were pretty pumped up by our cheering.

The next morning, we had breakfast with a lady named Cathy Dorr. Daddy used to work with her at Carlson. She took us all to the biggest Toys R Us ever, which also happened to be in Times Square.

We went on the ferris wheel, played Dance, Dance Revolution, got some souvenirs, etc. It was a lot of fun.

After lunch, we met up with Aunty Jen again and went to M&M's World (at last!). It was awesome. We had our picture taken with the M&M Statue of Liberty, the M&M Ford Fusion NASCAR, and an actual M&M.

After M&M's World, we went to Nintendo World. That was awesome too. We got to try out a lot of games for the Wii and for the DS.

As the afternoon wore to a close, we went out to Aunty Jen's house, where we had a sleepover with Aunty Jen, Murry and Ira. Unfortunately, we proved to be a little too much for Murry and Ira, but we did get this picture of Cameron and Ira.

We also had a lot of fun playing with the rocket racer and building sundaes for dessert before bed.

In the morning, Mommy and Daddy came to get us and we came home. It was a fun weekend and we had a great time with Aunty Jen, Cathy Dorr, and New York City!

Ben and Cameron

No comments: