Sunday, February 13, 2005

A Week in Cancun: Ben's Perspective

Well, we just got back from our vacation in Cancun and both Cameron and I thought we'd share our thoughts with you. As many of you know, we left last Sunday morning to spend a week in Cancun. We were going to visit some of Mommy and Daddy's friends, the Besancons. I had previously met Rachel, the Mommy, and the two kids, Ben and Claire, but it was a while ago and I wasn't sure what to expect.

We started out the day Sunday with a trip to the airport. We got to ride a bus to the terminal and I even got to help Daddy carry some heavy luggage to the check in desk. We got to get on a neat plane and Daddy and I had a whole row to ourselves. We finished up Sunday watching the Super Bowl and going to bed early. Even though it's a foreign country (a first for both me and my baby brother), we still were able to have Pappa John's pizza while we were watching football. Unfortunately for my Mommy and Daddy, Sunday was the national election and no beer, wine or margaritas were served.

On Monday, we got to get up early and go play. There was a long pier right in front of our villa on the beach. From out on the pier, you could see this really big flag!




Apparently, this flag is a well known Cancun landmark, so it was neat to look for it when we were in different parts of the city.

I took Mommy and Daddy all over the resort, but we spent a lot of time in the kiddie pool. Normally, I could take advantage of the Besancon's jet lag and get up early to hit the pool well before anyone else. Here's a shot Daddy took around 8am. We beat all of the other kids here by about 2 hours.




The kiddie pool wasn't heated at all, so it often took the whole afternoon for it to warm up. One day, we skipped the pool in the morning and went to meet Cookie Monster instead. We also got to go to a fancy aquarium!




One other day, we headed over to another place where the pool was heated. It was called the Royal Sands. They had a great beach. Here is a picture of the view from it.




Here's a picture of Claire and I in the (heated) kiddie pool at the Sands. It was fun playing in the (warmer) water!




Here are a few pictures of us that were taken later in the day. Here's a picture of me and my brother and our Daddy in the kiddie pool at the Sands.




And here's a picture of us and Mommy.




Even though I don't like the feel of sand on my feet, I was sad to have to go home.




Anyhow, Daddy will post a link to a big PDF slide show with more pictures later in the week. Have a good one!

Love,
Ben

No comments: