Sunday, February 13, 2005

A Week in Cancun: Cameron's Perspective

Well, we just got back from our vacation in Cancun and both Benjamin and I thought we'd share our thoughts with you. We all went to this place in Mexico, which is apparently another country, and we met some people I had never met before and who's name I can't pronounce, let alone spell. They seemed nice, and I was instantly in love with Claire, their daughter. That was good, as I started my time of seperation anxiety from my Mommy and Daddy.

Anyhow, like Ben said, I got to go on a plane too. And Mommy and I had a row to ourselves, but unlike Ben, I napped most of the way there. We got to take a taxi to the resort, which was the first taxi I had ever been in. Ben had been in one before, so he knew what to do. I was pretty tired, so I didn't even watch the big football game before I went to bed.

On Monday, the Besancon kids were really jet lagged and they got up really early. I could hear Claire talking, so I made Mommy and Daddy get up with me. Here's a picture of me and Mommy at 6:30am.




We had a great view of the ocean from our villa -- in fact, we were three steps from the beach! I had never been to a beach before, so it was really neat to play in the sand.




I knew pretty quickly that we weren't in Maple Grove, Minnesota, where we live anymore, and I was really excited about it.




I loved going out and about in Cancun as well. Most of the time, we took the buses. The bus drivers go crazy fast and you have to run to get on and off. Lots of times when we were on the bus, I would hold on to the seat in front of me and stand on Mommy or Daddy's lap and scream with delight. Here's a picture of me on a bus.




You may have seen the picture of Claire in Ben's post. I took a liking to Claire and I think she took a liking to me. Here's a picture of her feeding me my bottle.




And here's a picture of her feeding me my food.




She was a great help for me too when Heidi from cancunnannyservice.com came over and put us to bed one night so that all of the Mommies and Daddies could go out.

The next day, we went to the Royal Sands. Ben has some great pictures of us in the pools, but I was pooped from partying with Heidi, so I spent a lot of time sacked out in my lawn chair.




At long last, we had to go home. Here's a picture we took of all of us kids on the steps to the beach.




Both Bens thought it was too bright out.

Anyhow, those were the highlights of the week! I hope you enjoyed our vacation pictures as much as we enjoyed the vacation!

Love,
Cameron

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Weiner Bros.,

That was fantastic. (You guys should go into business together.) Hope we can all travel together again soon!