Friday, August 12, 2005

My First State Fair



As my brother said, we all headed to Des Moines when we left the waterpark / hotel. My brother, Mommy and Daddy and I were going to the state fair, and everyone else went home. When we got to the state fair day, it was raining!



Fortunately, we had a nice hotel room, so we all played on the bed with Mommy!



Then the rain finally stopped, so we were able to see the butter Tiger Woods...



And the butter cow...



And the butter barn.



Ben and Daddy pretended to be fancy ribbons, just like the ones that you can win for having a big pig or a big cow (which we also saw).



And then my tough guy brother got a cyclone tatoo (it's temporary) and I got a new cyclone hat to match his and my Daddy's.



We also got to meet Clifford the Big Red Dog at the Iowa Public TV booth.


And in the travel and tourism building, Ben got to go to the Loess Hills (the rest of us got blue traveliowa.org bracelets).



We went back to hotel after several hours of fun at the fair, where Daddy took this funny picture of me with my new hat on!

Then, on Friday morning, we got up and went home!

Love,
Cameron

No comments: