Friday, August 12, 2005

The Reemtsma Family Vacation 2005



After baby Nicholas was christened, we started our vacation in earnest at the Amana Colonies' Holiday Inn in Amana, Iowa. Here's a picture of my baby brother exploring the hotel. To start the trip, he stole our next door neighbor's phone (fortunately it was Uncle Doug and Aunt Serena).



Here's a picture that Daddy took of me on the playground out front of the hotel. It was lots of fun. Cameron played with rocks.



The next morning, we got up and went to see the Amana Colonies. In one of the Amana's (I forget which one), we went to see a barn museum. It had lots of little barns inside a big barn.



Here's a picture of all of us kids on the bench at the barn museum. I'm on the end.



Here's another funny picture of me and my brother, "horsing around."



And then in the next Amana down the line, here's a picture of my and my baby brother in a really, really big rocking chair. We couldn't trust him to sit still, so that's my Uncle Jayson's arm holding him in place.



Here's another one of the whole family.



Out in front of the broom shop, there was a tractor for us kids to climb on. Here's Cameron taking me for a ride in the tractor. He's a crazy driver.




Here he is again, slightly mellowed out.

After the tractor incident, we had a big lunch at a place where they just kept bringing us food! We also spent a lot of time at the water park in our hotel, Wasserbahn! It was a lot of fun.



Later than night, he turned into a T-rex while all of the kids were gathered in Grandma and Grandpa's room to watch a movie and all of the adults watched a different movie in the other room.

On Wednesday, we all headed to Des Moines....

Love,
Ben

No comments: